Sunday we went to the Dodgers game. It was Little League day, so the kids in their uniforms got to parade around the field. It was very cute. Also saw the Dodgers win - apparently we brought good luck, since all the rest of the Los Angeles teams lost on the weekend (though the Kings just clinched a spot for the Stanley Cup, which has been forever so that's exciting, especially when the Lakers suck). I'm kind of glad we have a break for Memorial Day though, before heading back to LL for another two weeks. It's killing my back sitting on those benches.
list of my other fannish doings:
1. My cranky-ish review of Fairly Legal, last friday
. So many cranky words I held back.
2. Nikita finale review
. much more YAYAYAYAY
3. "I know where the dead ends are",
a fun little BSG/Terminator x-over fic I wrote for 13th_tribe
. (and sorry if you see the crosspost several times, I'm trying to spread them out a bit since ppl aren't around as much.)
4. I just bought a Loki T-Shirt and a Shield hoodie. CURSE YOU HIDDLESTON. I was doing okay until I saw that photo AGAIN and then my brain went into some kind of spasm and I had to go look at the store. I DO WHAT I WANT.
5. Had a chance to watch a couple of pilots. I have to write them up so I'll link with more detail, but I liked Longmire
a lot. It isn't heavily Katee in the pilot, just FYI. So if you're watching only for her, it's not gonna be for you. I'm sure a lot of people will be put off by the pace (and I fear that commercials are going to ruin it), but it has a really great moodiness to it.
Also watched Arrow
and Beauty and the Beast
-- I think they both have potential, though they're both starting out at a pretty derivative place. Not just because they're off other properties but Arrow is the offspring of Smallville and Batman Begins, and Beauty and the Beast is basically Person of Interest, but from what would be Carter's pov (Kristen Kreuk is not the actress Taraji Henson is, but she's better than she used to be, and if they give her better dialogue that'll help). Anyway, I will totally end up writing crossovers, because, duh.
6. also I am not receiving comments, though luckily I can at least get my own in the LJ inbox. If you've replied to me anywhere else, though, I haven't seen it. I'm not ignoring you, I just don't know. :( Anything you want a response to, make sure to drop me a link or copy it here or something while this is messed up. Thanks.